Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sorry Amazon, your e-mails just haven't gotten me yet!

I get lots of e-mail promotions. Most of them are a direct result of something I've bought online in the past, but so far, I can proudly say that I've never purchased something as a direct result of an e-mail promotion.

It's unfortunate for Amazon that I tend to shop for my leisure reading in person and that 95% of the book purchases I've ever made from Amazon have been school books. That has resulted in a rather skewed, and slightly eclectic, list of books that Amazon is convinced I will like.

In the few instances where I've bought non-school-related items off Amazon, I've bought a strange variety, including tire chains and a book on Christianity for my Mom. Combined with a random assortment of school books, I imagine I'm one Amazon customer profile that is decidedly inaccurate. Fortunately for me, this makes it rather easy to ignore the suggestions Amazon constantly e-mails me.

Somehow, though, Amazon has discovered my weakness for shoes and have recently begun sending me shoe-related e-mails. I've clicked through and browsed, but I've yet to succumb to the temptation...

Let's see how long I hold out.

1 comment:

Steve Morozumi said...

now i know what to look forward to if i do start buying on Amazon more. lol! that's pretty funny how they found your weakness. good luck in holding out! :D

-Steve @ fluxlie